Friday, December 18, 2009

It was so worth it!

Yesterday was my annual marathon cinnamon roll baking day. The recipient list grew longer this year and so more cinnamon rolls to make. I started the fun at 7:00 AM with over 200 cinnamon rolls to make. What was I thinking?

Not only did it involve making cinnamon rolls, but also making tags (homemade, of course), wrapping in cellophane and tying with Christmas ribbon. Quite the process.

The first deliveries started yesterday afternoon at about 2:00 and last night I dropped off the last batch at 7:45. Yes, you do the math...almost 13 hours start to finish!

It was so worth it!! Our neighbors are not really fond of us. We do not have a neighborly feel in our cul-de-sac. It makes me sad.

So, this year I decided to take cinnamon rolls to all the neighbors. Out of 6 houses, 4 actually answered the door. Not bad!

This morning my neighbor Collette stopped me in my driveway and came over. She thanked me over and over again for thinking of them and making and baking homemade cinnamon rolls. She was truly grateful and appreciative. We had a lovely conversation, which has not occurred in quite some time.

Those 13 hours of back breaking work were So Worth It !! One little act of kindness can do so much good. My heart is so thankful that barriers were taken down a bit.

This is what Christmas is all about!

No comments: