Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
After the "unsurprise" party, my husband whisked me away the next day. Oh, boy was I excited. We don't do this all that often. So this was a real treat.
However, I was a little nervous. We left the kids home alone. This was the first time and Mackenzie was left driving them to and fro. Good thing she is such a mature and responsible girl.
Scott and I ended up in Paradise Valley at the Intercontinental Montelucia. President Obama stayed here a couple months ago when he visited.
Camelback mountain was right out our room. It was beautiful! The resort is awesome! It is Tuscan inspired (right up my alley). It had great amenities not to mention room service.
It about killed Scott to order this for me. It was delicious! Isn't it pretty?
We ate, relaxed, shopped, went to a movie and even slept in. What a great start to a birthday! Thanks dear!! Let's not wait so long to do this again.
40 was a great birthday! Parties, lunch with friends, a night away, house decorated by the kids and a great family dinner. What more can a girl ask for?
Now that I am officially in my 40's my new motto is "Bring It On!"
Monday, April 13, 2009
Our resident baker (Jensen) made these miniature cupcakes for her friends.
They are a delicious and cute twist on a traditional cupcake.
The birthday girl....Jensen!
Her determination, perseverance, and dedication. So much for only 14.
Her love of baking. Boy, does she make some good stuff!
Her ability to fit everything in to one day; Honors classes, 2 1/2 hrs of dance, family, etc...
Her loyalty to friends, family, etc...
Her willingness to jump in and help.
The example she is to those around her.
Love - for family, friends and the Savior.
Her sweet testimony.
Hardworking - whether it is dance, chores, yard work or school she puts in the time.
Jensen, you are a wonderful daughter. Since you were a baby you have always had a TON of energy. You have never liked to sleep and have always wanted to be part of the action. You are a beautiful daughter of your Heavenly Father. I LOVE you and am so proud of you! Mom
With Easter over and all the birthday's done what a great week it was. It was also monumental. Kenzie turned 16, I turned 40 and Jensen turned 14. WOW!! Church was amazing yesterday. The spirit was so strong. Testimony meeting filled me up to the point where I didn't think I could get spiritually feed anymore. Then Sunday School continued to feed me and in YW's we had the most amazing lesson on the last week of the Savior's life. What a great day! It was the perfect way to cap off a busy, exciting and very full week.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Let me tell you how excited everyone is to serve him for a whole weekend.
Her cute dimples when she smiles.
Her great sense of humor and her little sarcastic streak.
How thoughtful and observant she is to everyone.
Her maturity. Even though she just turned 16, she is mature beyond her years.
Her ability to roll with things. She lets things slide right by. She doesn't get all riled up about trivial matters.
Her testimony. This girl is one special girl. She has such a strong testimony and shares it at every chance.
Stands up for her convictions. She is not afraid to take a stand for what she believes.
Kenzie loves little kids. She is great with them. I love to watch her with them.
She has the most beautiful brown eyes.
Loyal - she is a very loyal friend, sister and daughter.Happy 16th Kenzie! I LOVE YOU! You are a terrific daughter. I am so proud of you. Mom
Thursday, April 2, 2009
- Plan and get ready for a 16th birthday party on Friday (40 kids)
- Save 60 seats at the Easter Pageant for all the YM/YW in our ward (that was ugly)
- Plan a Priest/Laurel Activity for next week - Amazing Race (Julie and I have great ideas)
- Take Kenzie each day to a different community college to take her exam for dual credit - no one knows what is going on and which college she should be taking it from. It took us a week and 5 trips to get this accomplished.
- Plan, prepare and have dinner as a family
- Have everyone gathered for family prayer
- Clean house - started on Monday and I'm still not done
- Work out
- Visiting Teaching
- Spend time with my husband - not sure when that will happen
- Pick up at 3 different schools at 3 different times and get everyone to their activities - poor Alec had to miss scouts due to me not being able to be in the right place at the right time
- Be a great mother and friend
- Be a fabulous YW's President and help each YW that is struggling
- Prepare for Easter and 3 Birthdays that are occuring in the next 7 days
- Help a ballerina raise $ for summer intensive - not to mention all the trips to the studio
- Play basketball with Alec and help him with piano
- Watch my favorite TV shows - I LOVE Tivo
With all that being said...I am wondering what gives and how do you begin to spread yourself? All I know is that I have said many an earnest prayer this week. So much going on and so little of me, I hope my family does not feel cheated or short changed.
Life is crazy and I know I put a lot of expectations on my shoulders. Its the type of person I am and right now with 2 teenagers and an 8 yr old boy Its a crazy life! But its GOOD!!