Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
You can tell by the nervous and anxious faces. They were not sure about this new adventure. And Holy Cow, how do you get these skates on. So perplexing to these "city kids."
After a few times around the rink, everyone started moving away from the wall. Jensen had great balance from the get go. Mackenzie was a little nervous, due to a previous tail bone injury and was not wanting to fall on it again. Alec was all boy and once he got the feel of it, he was ready to go. So watch out! He does have a new habit of skating with only the left foot gliding and pushing him. Kind of like riding a scooter.
Oops! Looks like someone had an accident. Being perfectionists, we don't like being in this position. A little hard on the ego. She was not the only one in this position. I believe Alec went down 5 times. Not bad for a 1st timer! Although he is not as graceful and will take down anyone by him.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I am a little late in posting my husband's birthday entry. He had a birthday one week ago and now I am getting to his post. Every year I feel so lucky that we have had another year together. Even though we get older, our love gets stronger and I feel blessed to have this special man.
Happy Birthday Scott!!
- Selfless (puts everyone else first)
- Problem Solver ( I have had a few problems lately)
- Great Father
- My Best Friend
- Hard Working
- Ideas (Scott can always come with some good ideas for whatever I need)
- Great sense of humor
Happy Birthday Scott! I love you and I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays!
I will miss having them here after Christmas. They always come and stay until the new year. It will be weird not having them here.
It was a relaxing visit with them. We did a little shopping, eating at all the favorite spots. My dad LOVES Oregano's! We did not do any projects this visit. The kids had fun doing an early Christmas with my parents. Who doesn't like getting early Christmas gifts?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
- Driving around and looking at lights.
- Hot Cocoa from QT. YUM!!
- Christmas music; in the car, at home or on the piano. Alec loves playing Christmas songs that he can sing to.
- Writing Santa letters. Alec has mailed his off and this year his main question is...Does Santa really have a BIG snow globe that he can see everyone in (like the one in "Fred Claus"?) He can't wait to get a letter back in the mail.
- Looking at ALL the toy catalogs that come in the mail.
- Watching Jensen dance in the Nutcracker.
- Watching Christmas movies..Elf, Christmas Vacation, Fred Claus, Santa Claus. You get the picture.
- Christmas Countdowns. Alec loves to do the countdowns each morning.
- Baking treats for neighbors and friends.
- Temple Lights
- Christmas Caroling with the youth. This is such a great activity!
- Acts of service to those in need. So great to give at this time of year.
- Baking treats, goodies, etc...
- Smith Family Christmas Eve at our house
WOW!! What a fun time of year. Lots of bonding as a family. As the kids get older our traditions change somewhat, but I always look for to November and December. Now if Arizona could only get snow for Christmas!