Monday, October 20, 2008
- City Swim Meet at Mesquite High
- Nutcracker Rehearsals ( watched Jensen partner with a boy for the first time. Yikes!)
- Went to Oregano's
- Saw the movie "Express"
- Packed up my whole house and moved it out for new carpet. Great timing!!
- Made Cinnamon Rolls
- Moved the furniture back in and rearranged a few rooms and pieces of furniture
- Went to Joe's
- Decided to do storage shelving under the stairs and in the garage (My dad always does a BIG project when he comes. This was BIG)
- Still unpacking the house and putting back together
- Made LOTS of cookies
- Ate LOTS of cookies
- Homemade rolls and crash potatoes
- Played dominoes (Family favorite)
- Watched movies, BSU game, BYU game
- My Mom was my running partner. So fun to have someone go with you. I will miss that. Alec rode his bike with us one day.
10 days just flew by. We miss having them here. Thanks for all the hard work and help. We appreciate it!! We can't wait until the next visit. We will make it a relaxing one, we promise! It's back to reality...laundry, cleaning the really dirty house. Who knew that new carpet could make your house so dirty. Thanks for a great Fall Break!!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
This weekend I watched a great movie with my husband "The Pursuit of Happiness". What a fabulous movie and full of great messages. The following is what I took from it this time around.
Will Smith's character tells his son the following;
"Don't ever let someone tell you you can't. If you got a dream you've got to protect it. If people can't do something themselves, they want to tell you you can't do it. If you want something go "GET IT" (period).
Words to live by. I am big on goal setting and thrive on achieving those goals. I believe that we should be cheerleaders for one another. We all need that positive reinforcement. It is such a great feeling knowing that someone believes in you and is cheering you on to success.
Why does ones success make others feel threatened or insecure? Friends should be loyal through thick and thin, good and bad. Are each of us that type of friend?
As a family we have talked a lot lately about friends. The discussions have included how we are as friends and how our friends are to us. Do friends pressure us to do things we normally wouldn't? Are we honest in our dealings with our friends? Do we support one another? Are we there for each other?
Friends are important to each of us. It takes a lot of time to cultivate that lasting friendship that will endure. As of late I had some experiences with friends that shocked and hurt me deeply. As I come closer to achieving a personal goal, I have found out who my true friends are. I hope that I myself am a good, positive friend and that my friends know I am there for them.
Dreams and goals help mold us into who we are. What a shame not to be able to share those with your friends. Let's not stop others from their dreams. Instead, let's help them along the way and be a part of their journey.
I have told my kids, if you have a dream, put in the work, ask your Heavenly Father for help and "GO GET IT!!"
Thank you to all of my friends near and far. I cherish you and each of you know who you are. The biggest thanks goes to my best friend...my husband. Thank you!!! You are the best cheerleader a girl can have. I love you!!