Thursday, April 2, 2009

how do you.....

I am wondering how everyone is able to cope, handle, multi-task and get everything done that is expected, required and wanted to accomplish? This has been on my mind a lot this week as I have tried to do the following;
  • Plan and get ready for a 16th birthday party on Friday (40 kids)

  • Save 60 seats at the Easter Pageant for all the YM/YW in our ward (that was ugly)

  • Plan a Priest/Laurel Activity for next week - Amazing Race (Julie and I have great ideas)

  • Take Kenzie each day to a different community college to take her exam for dual credit - no one knows what is going on and which college she should be taking it from. It took us a week and 5 trips to get this accomplished.

  • Plan, prepare and have dinner as a family

  • Have everyone gathered for family prayer

  • Clean house - started on Monday and I'm still not done

  • Work out

  • Visiting Teaching

  • Spend time with my husband - not sure when that will happen

  • Pick up at 3 different schools at 3 different times and get everyone to their activities - poor Alec had to miss scouts due to me not being able to be in the right place at the right time

  • Be a great mother and friend

  • Be a fabulous YW's President and help each YW that is struggling

  • Prepare for Easter and 3 Birthdays that are occuring in the next 7 days

  • Help a ballerina raise $ for summer intensive - not to mention all the trips to the studio

  • Play basketball with Alec and help him with piano

  • Watch my favorite TV shows - I LOVE Tivo

With all that being said...I am wondering what gives and how do you begin to spread yourself? All I know is that I have said many an earnest prayer this week. So much going on and so little of me, I hope my family does not feel cheated or short changed.

Life is crazy and I know I put a lot of expectations on my shoulders. Its the type of person I am and right now with 2 teenagers and an 8 yr old boy Its a crazy life! But its GOOD!!

4 comments:

elle pothier said...

If you figure out how to balance this will you please let me know? I think you are just way more organized than most, otherwise you'd just look at that list and start crying. I don't know how you do it. You forgot to mention "bake bread for your friend who's losing it." What can I bring over to you???

elle pothier said...

Oh man, it's Shawni. That darn Elle...

stacey said...

Good luck with that! The thing I thought was ...you are trying to do everything for everybody. Remember to breathe! Maybe you need a nice vacation to cold Idaho for some friend time with someone I know.
My house has a mind of its own and decided to stay dirty, because no matter how much I clean, it just gets dirty again!
Happy birthday to our favorite Smith girls!
Miss you!

Reid said...

Mom and Dad, Best of Luck "Doesn't Exist" just take one day at a time and don't sweat the small stuff.