Sunday, November 2, 2008

When it rains it pours!!

Have you ever heard that saying, "When it rains it pours!"

That is exactly how my life is right now. I have no reason to complain. We all are in good health, Scott is employed, the kids are doing well and so am I.

But, at the moment it seems that each day is bogged down with STUFF!! I refer to them as "burdens" and Scott says they are tasks. I'm not sure who is right.

Each day there is a list and it progressively gets longer and longer. I guess that is LIFE for the moment. Do you ever get to come up for air?

As I reflect on all of this stuff, I realize that at these moments other things in life seem to suffer as well. Relationships, time with my kids, scripture reading, family prayer, alone time with my husband, patience, etc...

I could go on and on, but why? That is why I feel like it is pouring. I am sure it is not only on me that it is pouring. How can I get on top of life and gain some control? Why does everything have to spiral out of control at once?

And then I ponder... What am I to learn during this time? What am I being tested for? How will I grow from this? Are there any answers?

I am sure when the time is right the rain will stop. Hopefully I will be able to come up for air and I will have gained a new perspective. Until that time...I hope the umbrella holds!

No comments: