Thursday, November 20, 2008

NO PAIN, NO GAIN!!

Me 1 year ago

This photo was taken one year ago. I would look in the mirror and think...well, I look pretty good today. As the months went by and the weight kept creeping on I began to become dissatisfied with myself. Clothes weren't fitting, low energy, low self esteem, unhappy, etc... I think you get the picture.

Then in April for my birthday a good friend and my very loving husband found me a personal trainer. They purchased me some sessions.

The initial visit was a SHOCK to say the least. To have every inch measured, fat calibrated and the REAL facts staring you in the face. I had let myself go!!

The hard work began. Cardio 5 x's a week, weight training 2 x's a week and a strict meal plan that got changed every two weeks.

I was ready and motivated. I was paying Bernie a lot of money to help me. No way was I going to cheat or short change myself. Thank you friends for being understanding during my long and painful metamorphosis.

I literally went into a cocoon. Nothing stood in the way of my new lifestyle. I followed every rule to the letter. Twice a week I would go and get beat up by Bernie. Whatever she would give me I would do it. Sometimes to the point of getting sick.

Slowly, but surely the weight, inches and fat started to come off. It was exciting, empowering and felt good. Sure, I endured many sore muscles and fatigue, but it was so worth it. I now have actual muscles.

Now at 7 months from my start I am where I want to be. The butterfly has been released. It feels great. I could not have done this without Bernie. She has been there for me through everything. Not only is she my trainer, but I have a new friend. She gave me the tools for a healthy life. Thank You Bernie!!

Thank you Scott and kids. You have endured many a night of grilled, baked or crock pot chicken. You are the best and I love all of you! Thank you for helping me achieve this goal.

Why do I share this? You can achieve anything you want. Motivation, hard work, determination and support will get you whatever you want to achieve. I am not sure what the next goal will be, but it feels so good to accomplish this.

The End Result


3 comments:

kara jayne said...

Good for you Brandee!! You look fabulous!

Mindy said...

congrats!!! You look fabulous.

Shawni said...

Brandee that's SO awesome. You look so great. I love the traditions list too. LOVE this time of year...but it also stresses me out so much!

Talk to you soon...maybe we'll see you Saturday.