Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Family Room Decor

Now, this is not your usual family room decor. A month ago we bought a spinning bike for the home. We put it together and it has stayed in the same place for a month. The plan was to take the bike upstairs with the rest of the workout equipment. HMMMM.

This kid LIVES on this bike. He no longer sits in a chair or on the couch. Every free minute is spent on the bike pedaling. I mean EVERY minute!

Here he is this morning after breakfast before school. On the bike.


Look at that face. He is serious and I love the fact that he is barefoot and flipped the pedal over not to use the cage.


I think it is great how much exercise the kid is getting, but is there ever too much? There is also the fact that I think this bike is quite the eyesore in my family room. What to do?

Perhaps he is the next Lance Armstrong!!

On another note I have to document a HUGE accomplishment for me. In September I injured my back and had to stop running. Running was a part of my life, it was an early morning ritual. Well, here we are the middle of February and I still had not been able to run. Until....this morning. I have been feeling great! Pain free and yoga has done so much good for my back and overall body.

I decided to test the streets again. I went for a 3 mile run. That may not seem long to some of you, but this morning it felt like a marathon. Indeed I was much slower, but I found my groove and I was able to run 3 miles. YIPPEEEE!!! I wanted to jump up and down and shout. It had been 4 1/2 months since I had been able to do this.

The back felt great! No pain what so ever and it was fabulous to hit the pavement with my IPOD in my ears. It had been way too long.

Yoga has strengthened my back and is now a part of my exercise routine. I am addicted!! And now I am able to put running back into the routine. I am one happy lady!

3 comments:

kara jayne said...

oh brandee i'm so happy about your back!!! i seriously need to do yoga. i just hesitate because i am so NOT flexible. let me know which days you go and maybe it will be motivation enough for me to start!

Shawni said...

SO cute. I love that he loves that bike so much.

And yes, three miles seems like a TON to me (since i can barely run one!). Congrats! I'm sure that feels SO good.

Miss ya!
Shawni

Chris and Kristy said...

Three miles seems like a full marathon to me! Way to stick with it and keep those feet moving. We are doing the Tillman run in April. We should get a group together and do it. I'll head up the "speed walking group!"